The Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) have been issued by the Government of Maharashtra for the reopening of auditorium and cinema halls from 22nd October. In the year 2020, the cinema operations came to a pause due to the Covid 19 outbreak in the state.
The decision of the Maharashtra government came after the state recorded its lowest number of caseloads recorded at 1,736 in around 17 months and 36 deaths taking the total number of infections to 65,79,60, as per the information released by the health department.
The latest guidelines for resuming auditorium, and cinema halls have been issued by the state government which are as follows:
1. The people sitting in the cinema halls and auditoriums should not be more than 50 percent of its total capacity.
2. It will be compulsory to download Aarogya Setu App for anyone who is entering the Cinema and Auditorium premises where the status should be safe, and if in any case the app has not been installed, people can carry the certificate of their final dose of vaccination.
3. The working staff not excluding anyone should be fully vaccinated and should have completed 14 days after the second dose of Covid 19 vaccination.
4. The auditoriums and cinema halls should make the arrangements of the show timings in such a way that no overcrowding is noticed.
5. No contact payment should be used, for any kind of service.
6. Proper placement of sanitizers in required areas with ensuring that people visiting are wearing masks and thermal checking of visitors in the entry gate.
With this, the government has made some more specific Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) for the drama theatres such as:
1. Minimal use of people in the backstage.
2. Regular check-up of cast and crew.
3. No guest should be permitted to enter in the green rooms or backstage.
4. The management should be responsible for daily cleaning the auditoriums.