I.S.CHAHAL, IAS Municipal Commissioner
Iqbal Singh Chahal is a 1989 batch IAS officer of Maharashtra cadre. He is currently the Commissioner of BMC – Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation. Iqbal Singh Chahal has succeeded maverick IAS officer Praveen Pardeshi as the Commissioner of BMC.
While the structure of local self-government has been developing in Mumbai for more than a century, the Municipal Commissioner has remained an important post in it. He is one of the officers mentioned under the Mumbai Municipal Corporation Act. He is appointed by the State Government of Maharashtra under Section 54 of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation Act. They are responsible for maintaining various basic services and facilities in the city.
Official Address :
Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai Municipal Head Office Mahapalika Marg Mumbai - 400 001 email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone(O) : 022-22620525
Distribution of Work / Departments
- Policy matters and matters having inter-departmental co-ordination and overall supervision of all departments.
- Chief Engineer (Development Plan).
- All matters requiring special provision of funds, Sundry Advances, Special sanction for schemes/projects not provided for in the Budget.
- Any other subject or department not specifically assigned to any Addl. Municipal Commissioner.
- Vigilance (Engineering Side), Test Audit and Vigilance Officer, Vigilance Officer (Special Duty), Chief Officer (Enquiry).